PRE TREATMENT CARE
Hair removal by Ellipse I2PL technology is nowadays commonly referred to as laser hair removal although strictly speaking it is not a laser. Owing to Ellipse’s square pulse technology and dual mode filtering hair removal by Ellipse I2PL systems is practically painfree in contrast to many true laser treatments.
Guidelines on the area to be treated 30 days before treatment:
- Do not use sun-beds & do not sun bathe Do not use self tanning creams
- Do not wax, thread or tweeze hair from the treatment area
- Do not have electrolysis on the area Do not use depilatory creams & do not bleach hair on the treatment area
- Do not shave immediately prior to treatment
POST TREATMENT CARE
After the Ellipse IPL treatment it is common for the area to feel slightly warm. It is also common to experience some redness, local swelling and mild tenderness. These symptoms may appear immediately or a few days after treatment. The use of 100 % Aloe Vera gel is recommended directly after treatment and for a few days if necessary.
It is important that once the Ellipse treatment is performed you follow the recommended post-treatment guidelines:
For 30 days after treatment:
- You should avoid exposure to UV light, i.e. sun-beds and sun bathing
- A high SPF 30+ should be applied when outside
- Excessive exposure can cause hypo or hyper pigmentation of the skin
For the next 48 hours:
- Avoid all heat treatments such as steam rooms, saunas, hot baths, hot showers and excessive exercise & swimming
- Avoid all perfumed creams, soaps and lotions on the treatment area
- Do not touch, pick or scratch the area
- A cold compress can be applied if the area feels hot or uncomfortable
- Pure Aloe Vera gel must be used for the next 48 hours after the treatment if any reaction persists.
NOTE: If you find the area treated sensitive, continue the list above for the next week. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.